Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011





https://ursus.maine.edu/search~S1?/tpete+the+cat/tpete+the+cat/1%2C1%2C1%2CB/request&FF=tpete+the+cat&1%2C1%2C
   Looking for an upbeat picture book to beat back the winter blues? If so, I've got a cat I'd like you to meet. Pete the Cat in his adventure called I Love My White Shoes!

Pete the Cat loves his white shoes, he sings a song about them as he grooves down the street. But UH-OH, he steps in some strawberries and they turn his white shoes RED. Does he cry? Goodness no! He just keeps on grooving and singing to his RED shoes. No matter what happens to his white shoes, Pete the Cat keeps smiling.

I fell in love with this cat's attitude right away. Then I discovered the author singing/telling the story online! AWESOME! There are even some children on youtube who give it a whirl. An infectious tune and a positive message. I heartily recommend reading Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes.


And coming this July: Pete returns in Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment